- An encumbrance removal liquidates a purchase order balance from an index and places it back in available budget.
- Encumbrance removals are most commonly needed when a purchase order was previously canceled or when Lehigh has been invoiced at a lesser total amount than the original purchase order
- Financial Managers and Business Managers are encouraged to periodically report on their index activity to locate aged, open encumbrances.
- An alternative to the DocuSign form below is Unimarket's "Close" feature. Please view the New PO Features tutorial for more information
- Use the DocuSign form to request that the Purchasing Team remove an encumbrance that is no longer needed.