An efficient and seamless transit system is essential to supporting a car-free campus and reducing reliance on the personal vehicle, integrating the three campuses, and fully utilizing all existing parking facilities.
- Provide convenient, timely, and comfortable transportation options to eliminate vehicle dependence in the core of campus and provide access to all existing parking facilities.
- Optimize bus routes and utilize fuel efficient fleet vehicles to create a healthier, cleaner, and more sustainable campus environment.
- Implement significant improvements and promote transit system usage by expanding the Lehigh transit and shuttle service, including the implementation of new routes, buses, shelters, wayfinding signage.
- Provide consistent, attractive, weather-protected bus shelters with clear signs, bus route information, consistent branding, and protection from the elements.
- Campuswide announcement was sent March 9th
- FHI Studio will be hosting focus group discussions with key stakeholder groups on campus on April 20, 25, 26, 27.
- Tabling engagements are being held on April 17th and 18th. FHI Studio will be tabling on campus to gather feedback to help continue the campus conversation around transportation needs, specifically parking and the Lehigh transit system.
Monday, April 17th
10:30 am - 12:30 pm: Iacocca Hall - Bus stop
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm: Mail Center
Tuesday, April 18th
10:30 am - 12:30 pm: Rathbone Dining Hall
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm: Whitaker Hall - Bus Stop
Transportation Services hopes to better gauge education, enforcement, bike infrastructure and incentives to encourage safe and convenient biking to/from and around campus. Please consider taking this survey to help us prioritize biking improvements. The results will help shape our recommendations to make the campus more friendly for bike riders. Please be assured that all responses will be completely confidential. The questionnaire will take 5 minutes to complete.