The Path to Prominence relies heavily on development proposed on existing surface parking lot facilities throughout the Asa Packer Campus. Current development plans, population growth, coupled with the implementation of the car free zone, is expected to impact approximately 600 parking spaces. Effective and properly-utilized parking will support the needs of the campus in a more sustainable manner. Lehigh will implement a parking strategy to accommodate demand in a sustainable way.
- Increase parking efficiency by taking advantage of currently under-utilized parking areas.
- Upgrade our parking facilities to comply with ADA guidelines supported by a transit service.
- Limit vehicular access and parking throughout the core campus and establish the car-free zone.
- Remove parking while limiting access of cars and service trucks throughout the primary pedestrian campus routes.
- Maximize the efficiency of existing parking supply and reducing the reliance on the personal vehicle by assigning every parking permit issued to only one (1) specific location (location-based parking).
- Continually assess parking demand on the Asa Packer Campus and encourage use of commuter parking areas to reduce demand.
- Partner with the City of Bethlehem and lease parking from the City as required by demand to provide parking inventory within walkable distance to Asa Packer Campus.
- Offer designated parking zones to faculty and staff.
- Reduce the number of students with vehicles through effective transportation alternatives.
- Campuswide announcement was sent March 9th
- FHI Studio will be hosting focus group discussions with key stakeholder groups on campus on April 20, 25, 26, 27.
- Tabling engagements are being held on April 17th and 18th. FHI Studio will be tabling on campus to gather feedback to help continue the campus conversation around transportation needs, specifically parking and the Lehigh transit system.
Monday, April 17th
10:30 am - 12:30 pm: Iacocca Hall - Bus stop
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm: Mail Center
Tuesday, April 18th
10:30 am - 12:30 pm: Rathbone Dining Hall
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm: Whitaker Hall - Bus Stop